PACE — the Pack ACademic Edge
What is PACE?
Are you a first-year student-athlete? Take advantage of the Pack ACademic Edge (PACE) program.
PACE provides academic support in an informal study session led by upper-year WolfPack athletes (PACE leaders) — providing the opportunity to study casually with peers and receive academic guidance as needed.
- Get coaching on learning strategies
- Improve your study habits and learn about on-campus resources
- Connect with other student-athletes in a supportive academic setting
- Stay on track and motivated throughout the semester as you balance your athletic and academic commitments.
Study Hall sessions for the 2021/22 Academic Year
Fall 2021 - Old Main (OM) 2612/2402
Winter 2022 - Nursing and Population Health (NPH) 316
Time: 4 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Sept. 13*, 20*, 27 (*Orientation Sessions from 5 - 7:30 p.m.)
- Oct. 4, 18, 25
- Nov. 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
- Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31
- Feb. 7, 14, 28
- March 7, 14, 21, 28
- April 4
Meet our PACE Leaders
|Leader Name||Sport||Area of Support||Start Time|
|Jan Pirretas||Men's Soccer||Business/Spanish||6 p.m.|
|Anton Napolitano||Men's Volleyball||Citations/Geography||5:30 p.m.|
|Katie Ludvig||Women's Volleyball||English/Citations||5:30 p.m.|
|Megan Rouault||Women's Basketball||Engineering/Physics||6:30 p.m.|
|Richard Mageto||Men's Basketball||Sciences||6:30 p.m.|
|Lily Moran||Cheerleading||Anthropology/Sociology||5 p.m.|
|Dylan Fiske||Baseball||Sciences/Math||4 p.m.|
|Georgia Aldus||Women's Soccer||English/Economics||6:30 p.m.|
|Olivier Jumeau||Men's Soccer||Geography/Economics/FNLG
WolfPack athletes have the opportunity to participate in a series of online academic success workshops during the Fall 2021 semester. More details on workshops schedule are coming soon.
Athletes can also find workshop recordings on topics previously offered through TRU Orientation. Some recommended topics are:
- Succeed at Alternate Learning Learn the ins and outs from current students who experienced the pivot to online alternate learning in the Spring of 2020. They will share their insights and tips and tricks to help you through your online learning journey
- Navigating Moodle Join TRU’s Coordinator of Educational Technologies, Brenna Clarke Gray, for a fun and informative one-hour workshop to learn the basics of using Moodle. We’ll talk about logging in for the first time, when and where you can expect to find your courses, how to navigate Moodle, and how to set up your profile to reflect who you are to your instructors. And we’ll make sure you know where to go when you have questions in the future .
- Learn to use the library Are you wondering what TRU Library can do for you during this time of online learning? Join Librarian Julia Wells for a virtual tour of library resources and services. You'll learn how to access online resources like eBooks and academic articles, find citation help guides, and how to make an appointment with your subject librarian. While the building remains closed, we're still a phone call, email, instant message or video chat away!
- Your well-being in times of disruption The Wellness Centre has been supporting student’s health and well-being at TRU for 16 years, however, this pandemic sure has put a wrench in our regularly scheduled fall plans! We assume that school and life is looking very different for you as well, so we encourage you to join this workshop to learn more about the virtual wellness programs and services we will be offering this fall. We will also share some tips and strategies to support your health and well-being so you can thrive rather than just survive!
- Career & Experiential Learning Larry Iles from the Career & Experiential learning office talks about career services, experiential learning, and co-op opportunities at TRU.
- Peer Supports on Campus TRU has some amazing peer academic support programs to help you succeed at your studies. This workshop will provide an opportunity to learn about the Writing Centre, Math Help Centre, Supplemental Learning, and Peer Academic Coaches, and how they are accessible to you throughout the semester.
- All things Student Services Discover all the free services TRU Student services has to offer! This session will give an overview of all the areas on campus you can access for support throughout the academic year.
Eryn Barrett - Athletics Learning & Administrative Support Specialist
Office: OM 1244
For further information about the PACE Focus groups, contact Sara Wolfe.