Other Testing Services
We offer testing services ranging from TRU entry assessments to various educational institute, society and professional agency tests:
Chinese Language Proficiency Test (HSK)
The Chinese Language Proficiency test (HSK) is administered at TRU.
To register for the test, please go to the HSK website.
Registration deadline is March 15, 2019
Testing date is April 14, 2019.
International English Language Testing system (IELTS)
- Evaluate the English proficiency of people whose native language is not English.
- May be accepted as an entrance requirement in lieu of TRU's EPT for some programs at TRU.
- Entrance requirement for other Canadian and American post-secondary institutes.
- Candidates must register for the IELTS through Eurocentres Canada.
- Once registered, the client writes the exam during a scheduled test date at TRU. Scheduling for any IELTS at TRU is done through Eurocentres Canada.
Testing Dates: 2019
- January 19 & 20
- February 9 & 10
- March 2 & 3
- March 23 & 24
- April 6 & 7
- May 11 & 12
- May 18 & 19
- June 1 & 2
- June 29 & 30
- July 6 & 7
- July 27 & 28
- August 17 & 18
For more information, visit IELTS Canada Eurocentres
Language Proficiency Index (LPI)
The LPI consists of four parts:
- Sentence structure
- English usage
- Paragraph development and content
- Essay writing
The exam is 2½ hours of writing — allow approximately 15 minutes for instructions and distribution of the test.
The LPI is administered to students who plan to enter a post-secondary institution in B.C. and serves as an indicator of the level of English competency.
Registration: Applicants must register for the public sittings through UBC-ARES. An application/information form is available online at LPI Test.
Test date: Candidates are asked to arrive by 8:30 a.m. on the scheduled testing date. Each candidate must have an LPI admission ticket, a recent passport-sized photo attached to the admission ticket, picture ID, pen and pencil.
Follow-up: The exam is sent to UBC for marking and on province-wide sittings students receives their marks within two to four weeks. The LPI score is valid for two years. It is your responsibility to submit a copy of results to the Admissions Office for your files.
- May 11, 2019
For more information, visit LPI Test.
Law School Admission Test (LSAT)
The LSAT test consists of five sections testing reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
Admission requirement for Canadian and American Law schools.
- Register for the LSAT: Information bulletins and registration materials are available at the TRU Kamloops Assessment Centre. More information and online registration is available from the LSAC website. (LSAT test centre code for TRU Kamloops is 6002.)
- Write exam during scheduled test dates at TRU. (On the test day you will require photo identification, and the LSAT admission ticket.)
- Receive results from Law Services.
- September 21, 2019
- November 25, 2019
- January 13, 2020
- February 22, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- April 25, 2020
Scantron Assessment Solutions (formerly CASTLE Worldwide Certification and Licensing Tests)
The TRU Assessment Centre is an official testing site for Scantron Assessment Solutions (formerly CASTLE Worldwide), a certification and licensure testing company.
For information about the services and tests available through this agency, please go to the Scantron Assessment Solutions website.
For more information about testing sessions at TRU, contact the TRU Assessment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The SAT tests include the SAT I: Reasoning test that measures verbal and mathematical reasoning abilities, and the SAT II: Subject tests that measure knowledge of particular subjects and ability to apply that knowledge.
Admission requirement for American and Canadian Colleges and Universities.
- Register for the SAT: Information bulletins and registration materials are available at the TRU Kamloops Assessment Centre. More information and online registration is available from the College Board SAT website (SAT test centre code for TRU Kamloops is 94356).
- Once registered, the client will write the exam during a scheduled test date at TRU. (On the test day you will need your SAT admission ticket, official photo identification, and an acceptable calculator.)
- Clients receive results from the College Entrance Examination Board and Educational Testing Service.
- October 05, 2019
- November 02, 2019
- December 07, 2019
- March 14, 2020
- May 02, 2020
- June 06, 2020
Society of Actuaries Examinations
There are a variety of examinations administered by the Society of Actuaries. To obtain a listing of all the examinations, examination dates and testing fees, visit the Society of Actuaries website.
- Register for examination. Registration packages are available at the Assessment Centre or you can register online.
- Write exam during scheduled test dates at TRU. (On the test day you will require photo identification and the proper documentation).
Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
The Strong Interest Inventory is a career planning instrument that measures a person's interests in a wide range of occupations, occupational activities, hobbies, leisure activities and types of people. It is an online form that produces a personalized report that identifies optimum career choices based on the person's interests and includes additional related occupations with concise job descriptions. It is available to TRU students only.
The cost for the Strong Interest Inventory is $40 + HST.
The Strong Interest Inventory must be interpreted by a trained professional, therefore all clients must meet with a TRU counsellor to utilize this assessment.
- Meet with a TRU counsellor to determine if this is a suitable assessment for you.
- Obtain a payment form from the counselling office or the Assessment Centre and pay fee.
- Present payment receipt to the Assessment Centre.
- An account will be set up and an email will be sent to you with a user name and password. Once you have completed the online SII, the Assessment Centre is automatically notified by email that the assessment has been completed.
- These forms are usually scored and the reports are forwarded to the Counselling office within two to three business days.
- Arrange an appointment with the TRU counsellor to review the report.
Test of Workplace Essiential Skills (TOWES)
The TRU Assessment Centre is an official testing site for the Test Of Workplace Essential Skills (TOWES).
For information about the test, please go to the TOWES website.
For more information about testing sessions at TRU, phone the TRU Assessment Centre at 250-828-5470 or send us an email.
The TRU entry assessment typing test is an online test that assesses a candidate's typing speed and accuracy.
Entrance requirement for:
Sign UpTyping Test Registration
A $20 entry assessment testing fee must be paid before completing the test.
- Schedule an appointment online to write the TRU entry assessment typing test.
- Complete the entry assessment typing test on established date.
- Results will be forwarded to the chairperson or lead instructor of the program within one week of writing the test as long as the entry assessment fee has been paid.
Off Campus Testing
The TRU entry assessment typing test can be completed off-campus.
If you have any questions, please contact the TRU Assessment Centre at email@example.com.