Join Our Consent Café Team
The Consent Café is adding to their team!
The Consent Café Team is seeking multiple Consent Café Mentors in order to support the Consent Café program.
The Consent Café is an activity-based consent education, communication, and sexualized violence prevention and response program for youth and young adults. Our overarching goal is to introduce and reinforce rights-based consent literacy and sexualized violence prevention early to ensure youth transitioning from high-school to post-secondary (TRU) or high school to the workforce have this critical knowledge. The Consent Café works because we meet participants “where they are at”, where they learn, and where they are navigating consent every day. Our curriculum and Consent Mentors are relational and capacity building, peer and community supported, reflexive, strengths-based, and trauma-informed.
Please see the below postings for these positions. If you have any questions, please contact Chelsea Corsi or Tanya Pawliuk, Consent Café Co-founders, at email@example.com.
Volunteer Consent Café Mentors
The Consent Café team is hiring volunteer Consent Café Mentors to support the implementation of the Consent Café program with students in SD73 and youth from other community agencies. Consent Mentor volunteers will be remunerated with an honorarium for their time and effort.
Consent Mentors will have various duties, including, but not limited to:
- Meeting with the Consent Café team to review curriculum and their role during program delivery
- Setting up and taking down Consent Café's at various high school and community sites
- Facilitating small group dialogue with youth about communication, consent, relationships, and violence
- Communicating with Consent Café leaders if they are concerned about a student (or the content of the conversations)
- Representing the Consent Café in the community
- Actively engaging with the Consent Café team
- Cleared vulnerable sectors criminal records check
- Comfort and capacity to facilitate discussions with youth about consent, communication, relationships, and sexualized violence prevention and response
- Demonstrated relational skills, including strong written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to consent education, health promotion, and social justice
- Previous sexualized violence prevention and response (SVPR) training is an asset, OR ability to participate in mandatory SVPR training
- Access to reliable vehicle/transportation
- Ability to attend some (not all) Consent Café offerings during high school hours
- Interest in working with children and youth
- Experience working with children and youth an asset