Updated Aug. 31, 2020 (COVID Information/Update)
Due to COVID-19 the Wellness Centre space in Old Main is currently closed.
In order to continue with wellness services, we are available for virtual health consultations on topics such as nutrition, mild stress, sexual health, wellness planning, sleep hygiene, etc. To schedule an appointment please email Chelsea Corsi (RN), TRU Wellness Coordinator directly at email@example.com. Once your email is received you will be emailed details regarding an appointment time.
Please note that the Wellness Centre is separate from the Counselling Department. If you want to speak to someone more in depth about your mental health, please email Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment with one of the TRU counsellors.
Both wellness and counselling services are confidential.
For the latest information on COVID-19 and the impacts to TRU, please visit tru.ca/covid19.
This year the Wellness Centre will be offering all of our services and events virtually. We will be posting ways you can connect with us once we have determined the best way to offer registration.
This fall we will be offering:
- A Live Chat with our Student Wellness Ambassador Team (SWAT). We hope this will be up and running the week of September 28, 2020.
- Virtual one-to-one health and wellness consultations (email email@example.com to book an appointment)
- Presentations to classrooms on wellness issues such as stress management, self-care, nutrition, healthy relationships, responsible drinking, etc.
- We will host virtual weekly Mindfulness sessions every Tuesday at 11:30 am starting Tues, Sept 22 and offer virtual Therapy Dog visits every Thursday a1 11:00 am starting Thurs, Sept 24.
- We will also offer Wellness in YOUR House sessions every Wednesday at various times starting Wed, Sept 30, 2020
- We will offer 'Tea Time with Wellness' Mon-Fri from 9:30 - 10:00am as a way for you to connect with our SWAT leaders and other TRU students. We hope to start the week of Sept 28, 2020.
- Our annual events such as the Consent Tea will be offered virtually as well.
If you need to connect with someone regarding your health during a time we are closed or unavailable, please contact the TRU Counselling Department at 250-828-5023, TRU Health Services at 250-828-5126, or call HealthLink BC at 811.
One-to-one Health and Wellness Planning and Education Sessions
Students and employees can make one-on-one appointments to discuss health and wellness related issues. These issues may include, but are not limited to, stress, substance use, nutrition, sexual health, healthy relationships, problems with work-life balance, etc..
Are you looking for more information on how to support yourself or others with substance use concerns? Please check out towardtheheart.com.
Freaking out? Learn how to manage stress and still be a successful student.
Pigging out? Check out easy recipes and nutrition tips for university students.
Look for one of our fun and educational events on campus throughout the year.
Find out how important sleep is and how you can sleep better.