The final assessment for an OL course is either an invigilated written final exam or a final project, whichever one is specified in the course description.
Final exams are held in:
- OL exam centres throughout BC
- Canadian Invigilator Network (CIN) centres throughout Canada
- Other supervised locations approved by OL
Apply to write a final exam
See the OL exams schedule for exam session dates and application deadlines. Choose a session prior to your course completion date and apply before the exam application deadline:
- If you reside in Canada, apply through your myTRU Student account:
- Log in to myTRU Student
- Under Open Learning Services, click Exam applications
- When the list opens, click Add an Exam Request
- Choose the exam application that applies to your situation
- If you reside more than 100 kilometres from one of our approved centres:
- Download and print the Statement of Presiding Supervisor application
- Fill out Part A, and find a supervisor to fill out Part B. Your supervisor must be someone who is employed in a learning institution, fluent in written and spoken English and not related to you.
- Set up a date to write the exam within our exam session dates and before the application deadline.
- If you intend to write your exam outside Canada, please contact the OL Exams department.
- If you need accommodations, register with Accessibility Services at least four weeks before the exam application deadline. Then submit the Statement of Presiding Supervisor application, making sure to check the "Special Accommodations" box.
OL exams schedule
|Exam Session||Application Deadline|
|Jan. 14-20, 2020||Dec. 16, 2019|
|Feb. 4-10, 2020||Jan. 13, 2020|
|March 3-9, 2020||Feb. 10, 2020|
|April 1-6, 2020||March 9, 2020|
|May 5-11, 2020||April 14, 2020|
|June 2-8, 2020||May 11, 2020|
|July 7-13, 2020||June 15, 2020|
|Aug. 4-10, 2020||July 13, 2020|
|Sept. 8-14, 2020||Aug. 17, 2020|
|Oct. 13-19, 2020||Sep 21, 2020|
|Nov. 3-9, 2020||Oct. 13, 2020|
|Dec. 1-7, 2020||Nov. 9, 2020|