To earn a TRU credential in an Open Learning program, you must apply for admission.
Apply by mail or fax
- Complete the application form.
Mail the form and payment to:
Thompson Rivers University
805 TRU Way
Kamloops, BC V2C OC8
- Or fax the form to 1-250-371-5960 and pay your fees online, using myTRU.
Where applicable, arrange to have your official transcript(s) mailed to the address above from the issuing institution(s). Transfer credit and/or prior learning assessment and recognition may help you reach your educational goals sooner.
Once all documents and fees have been received, your application is considered complete. A program advisor will assess your documents and create a program plan for you. The program plan outlines the transfer credit that has been awarded and how it has been applied to your program. It will also provide you with a summary of how many credits are required and what courses you need to take in order to earn your TRU credential in an Open Learning program.
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Canadian citizen or permanent residents: $29.83
- International applicants: $100.00
- Certificate or diploma (including associate, advanced, graduate or post-baccalaureate): $34.65
- Degree: $131.44
- BC/Yukon documents: $51.34
- Non-BC/non-Yukon documents: $96.76
Whether you are studying part-time or full-time, financial assistance may be available. See Student Awards & Financial Aid for more.