Our beautiful Kamloops campus offers a one-of-a-kind university community in the heart of the city, a place to live, work, learn and play.
Living on campus means being minutes away from your classes, enjoying easy access to campus and nearby city recreational facilities and belonging to an active community of students from across Canada and around the world. Do keep in mind that an application for campus housing is separate from an application to a TRU program.
Safety and security
In accordance with provincial guidelines, we have updated cleaning and sanitization measures as well as implemented physical distancing protocols to protect students and staff.
We have adapted residence policies and procedures to protect residents and staff, while providing a safe and secure living/learning environment.
- Deadlines – maximumized flexibility on residence applications and payment options
- Front desk – minimized physical interactions
- Housekeeping – increased cleaning of high-traffic touch points
- Non-essential spaces – reviewed access to lounges, laundry rooms
- Wifi – included throughout the residence with the bandwidth and speed you need for virtual learning
Residence offers a safe space for you to connect with your peers. Our Residence Life team works around the clock to support community-building while ensuring safety and security. Traditional residence events, such as move-in and orientation, have been adjusted to accommodate physical distancing guidelines. We are working tirelessly to develop new and innovative programs that will be delivered either in smaller groups or online platforms.
Our Residence Life team is collaborating with TRU’s counselling department to promote and support the delivery of virtual counselling services.