COVID-19 Update

Open Learning programs and courses continue to be delivered during this time. However, due to social distancing restrictions, we are currently not able to offer in-person final exams. As such, where appropriate, alternative assessments such as virtual exams are being offered. In some cases it may take longer than the normal 30 weeks to complete an Open Learning course.

Please see our Open Learning frequently asked questions relating to COVID-19 for more information.

Open Learning certificates, diplomas and degrees are backed by Thompson Rivers University — a member of Universities Canada and the BC Transfer System.

Adult Basic Education (ABE)

ABE programs


Advanced Certificate in Liberal Arts
Associate of Arts
Minor in English, History, Psychology and Sociology
Bachelor of Arts, General Program
Bachelor of Arts, General Studies
Bachelor of Arts, Criminology Major
Bachelor of Arts, English Major
Bachelor of Arts, History Major
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology Major
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology Major
Bachelor of Design
Bachelor of Fine Art
Bachelor of Music (Performance)
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Liberal Arts

Business and Management Studies

Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (GDBA)
Certificate in Business Skills
Certificate in Management Studies
Certificate in Entrepreneurial Skills 1
Certificate in Entrepreneurial Skills 2
Accounting Technician Diploma
Advanced Certificate in Management
Diploma in Management Studies
Advanced Diploma in Management
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Real Estate Management
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Commerce
Post-Baccalaureate Diploma in Commerce


Master of Education (MEd)
Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
Social Service Worker Certificate
Human Service Diploma

General Studies

Certificate in General Studies
Diploma in General Studies
Bachelor of General Studies

Health Sciences

Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate
Medical Laboratory Assistant National Certificate
Polysomnography Certificate
Anesthesia Assistant Post-Diploma
Pre-Health Science Certificate
Bachelor of Health Science
Transition Courses: Health


Health Care Assistant Certificate
Seniors Living Management Certificate
Return to Registered Nurse Practice Certificate
Interprofessional Mental Health Practice Certificate
Interprofessional Substance Use Practice Certificate
Transition Courses: Nursing


Certificate in Information Technology
Information Technology and Management Diploma
Associate of Science
Bachelor of Science, General
Bachelor of Science, Major
Bachelor of Computing Science
Veterinary Technology Diploma

Social Work & Human Service

Social Service Worker Certificate
Human Service Diploma

Trades & Technology

Water Treatment Technology Program
Bachelor of Technology
Bachelor of Technology, Technology Management
Bachelor of Technology, Trades and Technology Leadership


Event Management Certificate
Bachelor of Tourism Management
Search To Top