TRU Centre for Respiratory Health and Sleep Science
Sleep Centre Clinic
Due to unforeseen logistical and resource challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic, our clinic has made the difficult decision to stop performing 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring (ABPM) until further notice. The TRU Respiratory Clinic is also unable to perform Level 3 Home Sleep Testing due to new accreditation requirements that our program structure cannot support. All referrals for 24-Hour Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring and Level 3 Sleep Testing must be sent to an alternate provider. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience or delays in care this may cause. Please contact us at 250-371-5952 with any questions. We continue to accept pediatric sleep assessment referrals for Dr. Allyson Davey, but our clinic does not perform pediatric Level 3 Sleep Testing. Campus Map
The TRU Centre for Respiratory Health and Sleep Science is an extension of the Faculty of Science. This centre promotes and facilitates research into best practices for respiratory health and sleep science.
The centre will strive to provide a clinical venue promoting knowledge dissemination, education and research. It will facilitate innovation and knowledge translation. As an extension of the Faculty of Science, the centre will promote and facilitate research into best practices for the arena of respiratory health and sleep science. With a focus on education, applied research and practical applications of new knowledge the centre will become a catalyst for scholarly activity expanding the educational research capacity and productivity of associated faculties.
- The scholarship of teaching to promote best practice in the education of students.
- The testing, assessment and investigation of medical technologies used in the practice of respiratory care and sleep science.
- The investigation and implementation of best practice in field of respiratory care and sleep science.
- The investigation and implementation of best practice in the clinical simulation of patient procedures and conditions.
- A community outreach program to provide education and collect data in rural communities.
- Provincial collaborations across regions in both large and small communities.
- A transdisciplinary approach to advancements in respiratory, sleep, education and health.