Apply for admission to the first year of TRU Law either online or by completing our paper application form. Applications for admission completed by Nov. 1, 2019, will be considered for early admissions and given priority consideration for scholarships. However, applications are considered on a rolling basis, and offers may be made in advance of this date. Students are encouraged to submit complete applications as early as possible. Applications will be accepted until the final deadline date of Feb. 10, 2020.
Option 1: Online application instructions
- Complete an online application through the TRU Apply to a Program website. Note that you will need to first register for an EducationPlannerBC account. When completing your application, you will need to select "Fall 2020 (Sept-Dec)" for your start date, "Juris Doctor (Law) Applicant" for your application category, "Professional Degree" for your program level, and "Juris Doctor - Law (JD)" for your program. You will need to pay the non-refundable application fee by credit card to complete your online application.
- When completing the online application, please ensure that you provide your supplemental information where requested (which applicant categories describe you best, LSAT test date(s), names of referees). Please note: only two references are required. If your referee is emailing their reference to email@example.com, they should put your first and last name in the subject line.
- Upload your CV or resumé with your online application. Your CV or resumé should include your academic honours, employment and/or professional experiences and extra-curricular community activities, if applicable.
Option 2: Paper application instructions
- Complete and submit the Law Application Form along with payment for the non-refundable application fee and all additional documents.
- Emailed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your first and last name appear in the subject line.
You may select from one of the following three categories of Admission: Regular Applicant, Indigenous Canadian Applicant, or Special Consideration Applicant.
Obtained an undergraduate degree in an approved course of study from a degree granting institution; or
Successfully completed the first 3 years (minimum 90 credits) or more of an approved course of studies leading to an undergraduate degree from a degree granting institution.
Indigenous Canadian Applicant:
If you self-identify as Indigenous, you may apply in either the Regular or the Indigenous Canadian applicant category. See the Indigenous Applicants page for more information.
Special Consideration Applicant:
Because of special circumstances in life, you may not satisfy one or more requirements of a regular applicant and may seek admission under the Special Consideration category. This category of admission usually requires supplemental documentation. Examples of special circumstances in life include: disability or special needs, financial disadvantage, age, membership in a historically disadvantaged group, residency in a small and/or remote community, or any other factors that you would ask the Admissions Committee to consider.
Your application will only be considered for admission when complete. Each application must include the following:
- Either a completed online application or a completed paper application along with payment of the application fee.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- 90 completed credits towards an undergraduate degree (30 credits must be at the upper-level).
- Statement of interest (maximum 750 words). Noted in online application: submit by email if applying with hard copy application.
- Two letters of reference (at least one academic) forwarded directly by the referees to the TRU Law Admissions Office (either by mail at 805 TRU Way, Kamloops, BC, V2C 0C8 or email to email@example.com — please ensure your first and last name appear in the subject line). NOTE: This requirement of two reference letters was revised from three letters of reference on Oct. 24, 2016.
- Any other supplemental documents that are required by your selected category of admission.