Apply for admission to the first year of TRU Law either online or by completing our paper application form. Applications for admission completed by Nov. 1, 2017, will be considered for early admissions and given priority consideration for scholarships. However, applications are considered on a rolling basis, and offers may be made in advance of this date. Thus, students are encouraged to submit complete applications as early as possible. Applications will be accepted until the final deadline date of Feb. 10, 2018.
Option 1: Online application instructions
- Complete an online application through the TRU Apply to a Program website. Note that you will need to first register for an EducationPlannerBC account. When completing your application, you will need to select "Fall 2018 (Sept-Dec)" for your start date, "Juris Doctor (Law) Applicant" for your application category, "Professional Degree" for your program level, and "Juris Doctor - Law (JD)" for your program. You will need to pay the $110.40 non-refundable application fee by credit card to complete your online application.
- When completing the online application, please ensure that you provide your supplemental information where requested (which applicant categories describe you best, LSAT test date(s), names of referees). Please note: only two references are required. If your referee is emailing their reference to firstname.lastname@example.org, they should put your first and last name in the subject line.
- It is requested for this year's application that you also submit your CV or resumé (looking for academic honours, employment and/or professional experiences and extra-curricular community activities, if applicable). You should be able to upload your CV or resumé with your online application.
Option 2: Paper application instructions
- Complete and mail in the Law Application Form along with payment for the $110.40 non-refundable application fee by cheque or money order (made payable to "Thompson Rivers University - LAW").
- Complete the Law Application Supplemental Form and submit via email to email@example.com, along with your personal statement and CV or resumé. Please note: Only two references (not three) are required. Please ensure your first and last name appear in the subject line.
Your application will only be considered for admission when complete. Each application must include the following:
- Either a completed online application or a completed paper application along with payment of the application fee.
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- 90 completed credits towards an undergraduate degree (30 credits must be at the upper-level).
- Statement of interest (maximum 750 words). Noted in online application: submit by email if applying with hard copy application.
- Two letters of reference (at least one academic) forwarded directly by the referees to the TRU Law Admissions Office (either by mail at 805 TRU Way, Kamloops, BC, V2C 0C8 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org — please ensure your first and last name appear in the subject line). NOTE: This requirement of two reference letters was revised from three letters of reference on Oct. 24, 2016.
- Any other supplemental documents that are required by your selected category of admission.