TRU International Social Media Ambassador Awards
Share your TRU experience with thousands of future international students and their families by being a Social Media Ambassador.
Each semester the International Marketing department awards students who:
- are enthusiastic, creative, and relate well to students from around the world
- think TRU is an amazing school
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- have been involved in student-related activities at TRU
What do Social Media Ambassadors do?
- Promote TRU as a study destination through social media channels
- Attend and promote events through social media (Orientations, International Days, Back to School BBQ, WolfPack games, etc)
- Blog on a variety of topics on ourTRU.ca
- Create weekly digital content to be posted on TRU World’s social media channels
How to Apply
- Fill out the SMA Application Form.
- Create a storytelling media piece that represents your TRU experience. Media piece can be in the form of video, presentation or photo montage.
- Read SMA Terms and Condition.
- Send your full application with all files attached via email (titled “Social Media Ambassador Application – Semester, Year”) to Ana Carolina Bovi at email@example.com
Winter semester: November 10, 2019
Summer semester: March 17, 2019
Fall semester: July 10, 2019
What is the Application Process
Social Media Ambassadors are hired for the Fall (August – December), Winter (January – April), and Spring (April – August) terms.
- Online application opens 2 months prior to each term.
- We will review applications the following day of the deadline.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an individual interview.
- Hiring decisions would be made in the week following the interview.
What are the qualifications?
The International Marketing department aims to build a team of Ambassadors that are passionate about TRU.
- Must be a full-time student (minimum 9 credits) for the semester appointed as an Ambassador
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Able to commit 10 hours per week in the semester term
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven leadership ability
- An enthusiasm for sharing their TRU experience
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Financial award
- Social media training
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience for resume
Where can I find samples of Ambassadors' work?
Ambassadors work on a variety of projects:
Who can I contact for more information?
Ana Carolina Bovi
Coordinator, International Marketing & Social Media
Thompson Rivers University - TRU World
T: + 1(250) 371-5959