TRU International Social Media Ambassador Awards
Share your TRU experience with thousands of future international students and their families by being a Social Media Ambassador.
Each semester the International Marketing department awards students who:
- are enthusiastic, creative, and relate well to students from around the world
- think TRU is an amazing school
- have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- have been involved in student-related activities at TRU
What do Social Media Ambassadors do?
- Promote TRU as a study destination through social media channels
- Attend and promote events through social media (Orientations, IDays, Back to School BBQ, Wolfpack games, etc)
- Blog on a variety of topics on ourTRU.ca
- Create weekly digital content to be posted on TRU World’s social media channels
Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 5pm
Successful applicants will be contacted to participate in an interview. Interviews will take place from Tuesday, November 27 to Friday, November 30, 2018.
What is the Application Process
Social Media Ambassadors are hired for the Fall (August – December), Winter (January – April), and Spring (April – August) terms.
- Online application opens 2 months prior to each term.
- We will review applications the following day of the deadline.
- Successful applicants will be contacted for an individual interview.
- Hiring decisions would be made in the week following the interview.
What are the qualifications?
The International Marketing department aims to build a team of Ambassadors that are passionate about TRU.
- Must be a full-time student (minimum 9 credits) for the semester appointed as an Ambassador
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Able to commit 10 hours per week in the semester term
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven leadership ability
- An enthusiasm for sharing their TRU experience
What are the benefits of being an Ambassador?
- Financial award
- Social media training
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience for resume
Where can I find samples of Ambassadors' work?
Ambassadors work on a variety of projects:
Who can I contact for more information?
Ana Carolina Bovi
Coordinator, International Marketing & Social Media
Thompson Rivers University - TRU World
T: + 1(250) 371-5959