Skip to main contentSkip Navigation or Skip to Content
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Health Sciences Transition Courses

Transition courses in health care are suitable for you, a nationally or internationally educated health professional or a student entering or participating in entry-level health programs.

As a nationally educated health care professional, you may choose these courses to support a transition in your professional practice or to receive credit toward a post-diploma undergraduate degree program. As an internationally educated health care professional, you may choose some of these courses to support your Canadian licensure.

As a student in an entry-level health program, you may opt for the theory courses as an elective or find a course suitable for transfer credit toward a course in your program of study.

English language requirement

If you are an internationally educated nurse whose first language is not English, you must provide evidence of English proficiency by passing the Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN) at the level required by the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).


Also, see the Pre-Health Science Certificate, which provides general educational breadth and specific health related content required or recommended for entry into many health care programs.

Search To Top