Open Learning (Online & Distance) Students
- Complete a Knowledge Resumé (PDF, 355 KB) to have your PLAR potential assessed.
- The PLAR Committee assesses your Knowledge Resumé (this is a free service).
- If the PLAR Committee approves your Knowledge Resumé, you submit your PLAR application and payment.
- Develop your portfolio.
- The PLAR Committee assesses your portfolio.
- Choose a course for a challenge exam; make sure the course fits your program requirements.
- Ask a PLAR Advisor if a challenge exam for that course is available.
- If so, you receive an exam information sheet.
- Pay the challenge exam fee.
- Schedule the exam through the OL Exams department.
- Check the Credit Bank to see if you are eligible for PLAR credits for previous education or training.
- Discuss with a PLAR Advisor what to do next.
TRU Campus Students
- Apply for and enrol in a program.
- Contact a PLAR Advisor.
- For assistance with program-related questions or to discuss transfer credit, contact a Program Advisor:
- Apply to a program and have your transcripts sent to TRU Enrolment Services.