Associate of Science
Expect to complete some courses through TRU (on-campus equivalents are offered for many OL courses) or through other recognized post-secondary institutions. Then, apply to transfer the credit to the Associate of Science program. Continue to monitor the OL website for the addition of new courses.
A minimum of nine TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
Associate Degree Requirements
60 credits total of first- and second-year courses (upper-level courses may be used to meet program requirements), with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.00 over all courses required for this credential, as follows:
- Six credits in English — university-level composition and literature (ENGL 1001, 1011, or 1110)
- Six credits in arts other than English, mathematics or laboratory-based science courses
- Eighteen credits in first-year natural science, mathematics (including statistics) or engineering science
- Six credits of mathematics (may include MATH 1101, 2121; STAT 1201), of which three credits must be in calculus (MATH 1141 or 1241); MATH 1001, 1091,1157, 1171 and 1901 do not meet this requirement
- Eighteen credits of second-year courses in two or more of the following subject areas: natural science, mathematics (including statistics) or engineering science
- Six credits of first- or second-year university-level courses
The first-year science requirement must include a minimum of one course with a hands-on laboratory component (BIOL 1113/ 1115, 1213/ 1215; CHEM 1503/ 1505, 1523/ 1525; GEOG 1221; GEOL 1111; PHYS 1103/ 1105, 1203/ 1205).