AVAILABLE IN CANADA ONLY FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY DIPLOMA OPEN
Students’ essential skills, as well as, professional communication skills with clinical
placement, provincial veterinary technology associations/regulatory bodies and the onsite
Thompson Rivers University Veterinary Technology Program are monitored throughout the course.
Veterinary Clinical Work & Correspondence 3 involves entry level competencies in the first
year of the Veterinary Technology Open Learning Diploma.
- Confirm required level of professional supervision is present at selected location of
- Perform, or demonstrate knowledge of essential skill procedures outlined in VTEC 1713 and
- Maintain a minimum of 260 hours paid work per semester in a full service Canadian
veterinary hospital or clinic.
- Complete and file all Clinic Affiliation Forms at Thompson Rivers University.
- Complete and submit the Essential Skills Workbook demonstrating completion of skills
outlined in VTEC 1713 and VTEC 1723.
- Reflect on skills learned, mentorship and professional communication.
Module 1: Preparing for Veterinary Clinical Work and Correspondence 3
Module 2: Connecting with Your Community
Module 3: Documenting Your Skills
Required text and materials
There is no required textbook for this course.
This is a pass/fail course. There are no graded assessments, but you must complete and submit
proof of the following:
- Clinical Check-in 1
- Clinical Check-in 2
- Clinical Check-in 3
- Final Document Submissions
Open Learning Faculty Member
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of your course.