Students examine the strategic fit of supply chains with organizational goals which lays the
foundation for advanced study in the field. Topics include an introduction to supply chain
management; supply chain strategy; demand management, inventory management; inventory modeling;
supply chain network design and facility location; warehouse management; and transportation
- Discuss the basic principles of supply chain management.
- Describe the main issues and challenges in managing supply chains.
- Recognize the strategic importance of supply chains in achieving organizational goals.
- Explain the demand management in supply chain phenomenon.
- Apply inventory management analytical tools and strategies.
- Discuss the qualitative factors and analytical tools important in choosing facility
- Effectively manage, plan and operate warehouse facilities.
- Explain various shipment terms, modes of transportation, and criteria for mode selection.
- Apply simple transportation algorithms in solving transportation problems.
- Module 1: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Module 2: Supply chain strategy and performance measures
- Module 3: Demand management & forecasting
- Module 4: Inventory management & modeling
- Module 5: Facility location & supply chain network design
- Module 6: Warehouse Management
- Module 7: Transportation Management
Required text and materials
The following materials are required for this course:
- Chopra, S. (2019). Supply chain management: Strategy, planning, and operation (7th
ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education
Type: Textbook. ISBN: 978-0-13-473188-9
Please be aware that should your course have a final exam, you are responsible for the fee to the online proctoring service, ProctorU, or to the in-person approved Testing Centre. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on
the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
Note: The final exam for this course is only available as a paper exam and must be taken in person at an approved Testing Centre. Please email email@example.com with any questions.
|Assignment 1: SCM Introduction, Issues & Strategy
|Assignment 2: Demand, Inventory & Location Management
|Assignment 3: Warehouse, Transportation & Journal Entry
|Assignment 4: Journal Responses
|Assignment 5: Research Report
|Final Examination (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.