Students examine the strategic fit of supply chains with organizational goals which lays the
foundation for advanced study in the field. Topics include an introduction to supply chain
management; supply chain strategy; demand management, inventory management; inventory modeling;
supply chain network design and facility location; warehouse management; and transportation
- Discuss the basic principles of supply chain management.
- Describe the main issues and challenges in managing supply chains.
- Recognize the strategic importance of supply chains in achieving organizational goals.
- Explain the demand management in supply chain phenomenon.
- Apply inventory management analytical tools and strategies.
- Discuss the qualitative factors and analytical tools important in choosing facility
- Effectively manage, plan and operate warehouse facilities.
- Explain various shipment terms, modes of transportation, and criteria for mode selection.
- Apply simple transportation algorithms in solving transportation problems.
- Module 1: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Module 2: Supply chain strategy and performance measures
- Module 3: Demand management & forecasting
- Module 4: Inventory management & modeling
- Module 5: Facility location & supply chain network design
- Module 6: Warehouse Management
- Module 7: Transportation Management
Required text and materials
Chopra, S. (2019). Supply chain management: Strategy, planning, and operation
(7th ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 safety guidelines all in-person exams have been suspended. As such, all final exams are currently being delivered through ProctorU, which has an approximate fee of $35 involved. There will be more information in your course shell, on how to apply, if your course has a final exam.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on
the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: SCM Introduction, Issues & Strategy
|Assignment 2: Demand, Inventory & Location Management
|Assignment 3: Warehouse, Transportation & Journal Entry
|Assignment 4: Journal Responses
|Assignment 5: Research Report
Open Learning Faculty Member
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of your course.