HLTH 2707: Seniors Living Observational Practicum
Students explore the roles and skills required for employment in the seniors living industry
and develop an understanding of the seniors' living environment. This course should be
completed early in the certificate program.
- Describe the roles of the manager of the residence and the responsibilities and
educational requirements of that role.
- Describe the roles of individuals employed at the residence and the responsibilities and
educational requirements of those roles.
- Describe the building environment and explain the functional purpose of the building
design of the seniors residence.
- Lesson 1: The Role of the Site Manager
- Lesson 2: The Role of Department Managers
- Lesson 3: The Building Environment
Required text and materials
The following materials are required for this course:
- Mancer, Kate. (2010). The Future of Seniors Housing: Planning, Building and Operating
Successful Seniors Housing Projects. Vancouver: Kate Mancer.
Type: Textbook. ISBN:
Students will submit a Final Project report to the Open Learning Faculty Member. The Final
Project is mandatory in order to receive credit for the course. The grade on your transcript
for HLTH 2707 will read "Com" (Complete) or "NCG" (No Credit Granted).
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.