Students explore selected topics in contemporary psychology, including intelligence,
development, personality, social psychology, emotion, motivation, and psychopathology.
- Describe key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology.
- Describe how psychological ideas and knowledge apply to everyday life.
- Demonstrate scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills for different purposes.
- Demonstrate how sociocultural factors relate to scientific inquiry into psychological
Unit 1: Information Processing
Unit 2: Lifespan Development and Personality
Unit 3: Social Psychology, Motivation, and Emotion
Unit 4: Psychological Disorders and Treatment
Required text and materials
The following Open Education Resources (OER) textbook is required for this course:
- Walters, S. (2020). Psychology (1st Canadian ed.) PressBooks. Thompson Rivers
The textbook for this course is offered for free online at the TRU Pressbooks website. You can read it in your Internet
browser window, download it in a number of e-book file formats, or print it from PDF if you wish.
Print students will require computer with internet access to download the OER textbook.
Please be aware that should your course have a final exam, students are responsible for the fee to the online proctoring service, ProctorU, or to the in person approved Testing Centre. Please contact email@example.com with any questions about this.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on
the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1 - Information Processing
|Assignment 2 - Lifespan Development and Personality
|Assignment 3 - Social Psychology, Motivation, and Emotion
|Assignment 4 - Psychological Disorders and Treatment
|Final Exam (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.