Students examine the behaviour of individuals and how they interact with each other in
different workplace organizations. Topics include an orientation to organizational behaviour;
individual behaviour; individual and behavioural processes; team processes; organizational
dynamics; and organizational processes.
- Apply important theories and models of Organizational Behaviour (OB).
- Be conversant with OB concepts and key terms.
- Analyze OB situations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Propose effective strategies for each OB situation.
- Improve your teamwork skills while working with others to address OB issues.
- Integrate your OB knowledge and skills from coursework, various media, and experience as you
apply them to your life and career.
- Module 1: Orientation to Organizational Behaviour
- Module 2: Individual Behaviour and Organizational Behaviour
- Module 3: Processes Motivation for Performance
- Module 4: Team Processes, continued
- Module 5: Managerial Decision Making and Communication
- Module 6: Organizational Change and Diversity
Required text and materials
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 safety guidelines all in-person exams have been suspended. As such, all final exams are currently being delivered through ProctorU, which has an approximate fee of $35 involved. There will be more information in your course shell, on how to apply, if your course has a final exam.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on
the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: Orientation to Organizational Behaviour
|Assignment 2: Individual Personality and Behaviours
|Assignment 3: Motivation and Rewards
|Assignment 4: Leadership Analysis, Stories, Values, and Lessons
|Assignment 5: Organizational Change and Diversity
|Final Exam (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Primary communication is by
phone if you are taking the print version of the course and through your Learning Environment's
"Mail" tool if you are taking the web version. Students will receive the necessary contact
information when starting the course.