Students develop an in-depth understanding of retail and services management as well as non-store retailing. Topics include an overview of retail marketing; retail marketing, financial and location strategy; merchandising; pricing and distribution; promotion including communications, store layout, store design, visual merchandising; and customer service.
MKTG 2431 - Marketing
BBUS 4430 – Retail Management
BBUS 4431 – Retail Management
MKTG 4430 – Retail Management
- Apply the principles, practices, and concepts used in retail marketing management.
- Describe the complex nature and environment of retail marketing management together with the buying and selling of goods, services, and ideas to the final consumer.
- Understand the conceptual and organizational aspects of the retail sector, including strategic planning and management in the retail industry.
- Understand the key elements in planning, managing, and executing the retail marketing mix as they relate to the product, price, distribution, and promotion.
- Identify the approaches to and guidelines used to analyze and solve retailers' problems and make decisions in retail organizations.
Module 1: Retail Marketing Management
Module 2: Retail Marketing Strategy
Module 3: Retail Marketing Mix - Product
Module 4: Retail Marketing Mix - Price
Module 5: Retail Marketing Mix - Distribution
Module 6: Retail Marketing Mix - Promotion
Required Text and Materials
Levy, M., & Weitz, B., Grewal D. (2019). Retailing Management (10th ed.). New York:
Type: Textbook. ISBN: 978-1-260-08476-4
A computer with Internet access is required.
Open Learning Faculty Member
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Primary communication is through the Learning Environments “Mail” tool or by phone. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on the overall course and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: Retail Marketing Management||10%|
|Assignment 2: Retail Marketing Strategy||15%|
|Assignment 3: Retail Marketing Mix-Product||10%|
|Assignment 4: Retail Marketing Mix-Price and Distribution||15%|
|Assignment 5: Retail Marketing Mix-Promotion and Marketing Communication||20%|
|Final Exam *||30%|