Students develop an in-depth understanding of retail and services management as well as non-store retailing. Topics include an overview of retail marketing; retail marketing, financial and location strategy; merchandising; pricing and distribution; promotion including communications, store layout, store design, visual merchandising; and customer service.
Recommended: MKTG 2431 - Marketing
- Apply the principles, practices, and concepts used in retail marketing management.
- Describe the complex nature and environment of retail marketing management together with the buying and selling of goods, services, and ideas to the final consumer.
- Understand the conceptual and organizational aspects of the retail sector, including strategic planning and management in the retail industry.
- Understand the key elements in planning, managing, and executing the retail marketing mix as they relate to the product, price, distribution, and promotion.
- Identify the approaches to and guidelines used to analyze and solve retailers' problems and make decisions in retail organizations.
Module 1: Retail Marketing Management
- Topic 1: World of Retailing
- Topic 2: Global Retailing
- Topic 3: Retail Marketing
- Topic 4: Types of Retailers
- Topic 5: Retail Consumer Buying Behaviour
Module 2: Retail Marketing Strategy
- Topic 1: Retail Marketing Strategy
- Topic 2: Retail Marketing Strategy Planning
- Topic 3: Retail Financial Strategy
- Topic 4: Retail Location Strategy
- Topic 5: Retail Site Location Strategy
Module 3: Retail Marketing Mix - Product
- Topic 1: Merchandise Management
- Topic 2: Merchandise Management Category Structure
- Topic 3: Merchandise Management Planning
- Topic 4: Buying Merchandise
Module 4: Retail Marketing Mix - Price
- Topic 1: Retail Pricing
- Topic 2: Retail Marketing Strategy Price Decisions
- Topic 3: Retail Price Competition
- Topic 4: Retail Price Issues
Module 5: Retail Marketing Mix - Distribution
- Topic 1: Retail Distribution
- Topic 2: Retail Marketing Strategic Distribution Decisions
- Topic 3: Retail Distribution Channels
- Topic 4: Retail Omni-channel Distribution
- Topic 5: Retail Supply Chain Management and Information Systems
Module 6: Retail Marketing Mix - Promotion
- Topic 1: Retail Communication Mix
- Topic 2: Customer Relationship Management
- Topic 3: Store Layout, Design, and Visual Merchandising
- Topic 4: Customer Service
Maximum Completion30 weeks.
Required Text and Materials
Levy, M and B Weitz. Retailing Management. 9th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Irwin, 2014.
Type: Textbook. ISBN: 978-0-07-802899-1
A computer with Internet access is required.
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Primary communication is through the Learning Environments "Mail" tool or by phone. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.
In order to successfully complete this course, students must obtain at least 50% on the final mandatory examination and 50% overall.
|Final Exam *||30%|