Students receive an overall view of the marketing function, the role of marketing in society and its application within organizations. Topics include marketing value; understanding customer's value needs; creating value; communicating value; and delivering value.
CMNS 1290, CMNS 1291
ADMN 3651, BBUS 3430, BBUS 3431, MKTG 3430, MKTG 2430, TMGT 1150
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the use of core marketing concepts, principles, and theory.
- Apply these concepts, principles, and theories to make sound marketing decisions.
- Explain the marketing planning process and apply this process to a specific business case.
- Discuss marketing issues and concepts with managers.
- Module 1: Marketing Value
- Module 2: Understanding Customer's Value Needs
- Module 3: Create the Value
- Module 4: Communicate the Value
- Module 5: Deliver the Value
Required Text and Materials
Solomon, M. R., Marshall, G. W., Stuart, E. W., Smith, J. B., Charlebois, S., Shah, B.
Marketing: Real People, Real Choices. (4th Canadian ed.). Toronto: Pearson Education
Canada Inc, 2013.
Type: Textbook. ISBN: 9780132913171
A computer with internet access required. Refer to "Course Delivery Formats" in the TRU-OL
Calendar or on the TRU-OL web site for computer requirements:
Open Learning Faculty Member
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Primary communication is through the Learning Environment's "Mail" tool or by phone. Students will receive the necessary contact information when starting the course.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50%, or higher on the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: Marketing Value||10%|
|Assignment 2: Understanding Customers' Value Needs||15%|
|Assignment 3: Create Value||10%|
|Assignment 4: Communicate the Value||10%|
|Final Exam *||25%|