Students receive an overall view of the marketing function, the role of marketing in society
and its application within organizations. Topics include marketing value; understanding
customer's value needs; creating value; communicating value; and delivering value.
- Explain the use of core marketing concepts, principles, and theory.
- Apply these concepts, principles, and theories to make sound marketing decisions.
- Explain the marketing planning process and apply this process to a specific business
- Discuss marketing issues and concepts with managers.
- Module 1: Marketing Value
- Module 2: Understanding Customer's Value Needs
- Module 3: Create the Value
- Module 4: Communicate the Value
- Module 5: Deliver the Value
Required text and materials
Students will receive the following:
- Solomon, M. R., Marshall, G. W., Stuart, E. W., Smith, J. B., Charlebois, S., Shah, B.
(2013). Marketing: Real People, Real Choices. (4th Canadian ed.). Toronto: Pearson
Education Canada Inc.
Type: Textbook. ISBN: 9780132626316
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 safety guidelines all in-person exams have been suspended. As such, all final exams are currently being delivered through ProctorU, which has an approximate fee of $35 involved. There will be more information in your course shell, on how to apply, if your course has a final exam.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50%, or higher
on the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: Marketing Value
|Assignment 2: Understanding Customers' Value Needs
|Assignment 3: Create Value
|Assignment 4: Communicate the Value
|Final Exam (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Primary communication is
through the Learning Environment's "Mail" tool or by phone. Students will receive the necessary
contact information when starting the course.