Students receive an overall view of the marketing function, the role of marketing in society
and its application within organizations. Topics include marketing value; understanding
customer's value needs; creating value; communicating value; and delivering value.
- Explain the use of core marketing concepts, principles, and theory.
- Apply these concepts, principles, and theories to make sound marketing decisions.
- Explain the marketing planning process and apply this process to a specific business
- Discuss marketing issues and concepts with managers.
- Module 1: Marketing Value
- Module 2: Strategic Marketing Planning
- Module 3: Understanding Customer's Value Needs
- Module 4: Create Value
- Module 5: Deliver Value
- Module 6: Communicate Value
Required text and materials
The following e-textbook is required for this course:
- Solomon, M. R., Marshall, G. W., & Stuart, E. W. (2020). Marketing: Real people, real
choices. (10th US ed.). Pearson.
Type: E-Textbook: ISBN: 9780135209929
Note: This textbook can be purchased directly from the TRU bookstore site at https://thebookstore.tru.ca/site_digital.asp. To utilize this e-text after purchase, the
Publisher requires students to register a Course ID specific to this textbook by following the
MyLabStudent Registration Instructions. These instructions are found in the Course Guide after
course registration is complete.
Note: Once registered in the MyLabStudent, a link to additional Purchase Options is
provided, where students may have the option to order a printed textbook at an additional
Please be aware that should your course have a final exam, you are responsible for the fee to the online proctoring service, ProctorU, or to the in-person approved Testing Centre. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50%, or higher
on the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: Marketing Value
|Assignment 2: Understanding Customers' Value Needs
|Assignment 3: Create and Deliver the Value
|Assignment 4: Communicate Value
|Final Project (mandatory)
|Final Exam (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.