MKTG 2431: Marketing
Students receive an overall view of the marketing function, the role of marketing in society and its application within organizations. Topics include marketing value; understanding customer's value needs; creating value; communicating value; and delivering value.
- Explain the use of core marketing concepts, principles, and theory.
- Apply these concepts, principles, and theories to make sound marketing decisions.
- Explain the marketing planning process and apply this process to a specific business case.
- Discuss marketing issues and concepts with managers.
- Module 1: Marketing Value
- Module 2: Strategic Marketing Planning
- Module 3: Understanding Customer's Value Needs
- Module 4: Create Value
- Module 5: Deliver Value
- Module 6: Communicate Value
Required text and materials
The following e-textbook is required for this course:
- Solomon, M. R., Marshall, G. W., & Stuart, E. W. (2020). Marketing: Real people, real
choices. (10th US ed.). Pearson.
Type: E-Textbook: ISBN: 9780135209929
Note: This textbook can be purchased directly from the TRU bookstore site at https://thebookstore.tru.ca/site_digital.asp. To utilize this e-text after purchase, the Publisher requires students to register a Course ID specific to this textbook by following the MyLabStudent Registration Instructions. These instructions are found in the Course Guide after course registration is complete.
Note: Once registered in the MyLabStudent, a link to additional Purchase Options is provided, where students may have the option to order a printed textbook at an additional cost.
Please be aware that should your course have a final exam, you are responsible for the fee to the online proctoring service, ProctorU, or to the in-person approved Testing Centre. Please contact email@example.com with any questions about this.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50%, or higher on the overall course, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory exam.
|Assignment 1: Marketing Value||15%|
|Assignment 2: Understanding Customers' Value Needs||10%|
|Assignment 3: Create and Deliver the Value||10%|
|Assignment 4: Communicate Value||10%|
|Final Project (mandatory)||30%|
|Final Exam (mandatory)||25%|
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.