Students receive an overall view of the marketing function, the role of marketing in society and its application within organizations. Topics include marketing value; understanding customer's value needs; creating value; communicating value; and delivering value.
Recommended: CMNS 1291 - Intro to Professional Writing
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the use of core marketing concepts, principles, and theory.
- Apply these concepts, principles, and theories to make sound marketing decisions.
- Explain the marketing planning process and apply this process to a specific business case.
- Discuss marketing issues and concepts with managers.
- Module 1: Marketing Value
- Module 2: Understanding Customer's Value Needs
- Module 3: Create the Value
- Module 4: Communicate the Value
- Module 5: Deliver the Value
Maximum Completion30 weeks.
Required Text and Materials
Solomon, M. R., Marshall, G. W., Stuart, E. W., Smith, J. B., Charlebois, S., Shah, B. Marketing: Real People, Real Choices. (4th Canadian ed.). Toronto: Pearson Education Canada Inc, 2013.
Type: Textbook. ISBN: 9780132913171
A computer with internet access required. Refer to "Course Delivery Formats" in the TRU-OL Calendar or on the TRU-OL web site for computer requirements: http://www.tru.ca/distance/services/student-orientation/technical-basis-software.html/p>
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Primary communication is through the Learning Environment's "Mail" tool or by phone. Students will receive the necessary contact information when starting the course.
In order to receive a final grade for the course, you must submit four assignments and the final project. In order to pass, you will require at least a 50% mark on the final project and at least 50% standing overall (missing assignments will be awarded a grade of zero). Your total mark will be determined on the following basis:
|Assignment 1: Marketing Value||10%|
|Assignment 2: Understanding Customers' Value Needs||20%|
|Online Quiz 1||5%|
|Assignment 3: Create the Value||10%|
|Assignment 4: Communicate the Value||20%|
|Online Quiz 2||5%|