Education and Social Work Professional Development Courses
Professional development opportunities are currently available for social workers, counsellors, adoption facilitators, child and youth care workers, nurses and educators.
You may take up to three courses without being admitted to a program or completing a practicum, subject to approval from the Program Coordinator:
- CYMH 5511, Context and Theory in Child and Youth Mental Health Practice (3)
- CYMH 5521, Assessment for Intervention in Child and Youth Mental Health (3)
- CYMH 5531, Intervention in Child and Youth Mental Health (4)
- CYMH 5611, Introduction to Adoption and Permanency Planning (3)
- CYMH 5621, Mental Health Practice Skills for Adoption Facilitators (3)
Completion of the Admissions Checklist and Personal History forms and unofficial copies of transcripts are required for acceptance of professional development students.
Submit documentation to OL Admissions at OLAdmissions@tru.ca.
- A recognized bachelor's or master's degree, with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 or higher