This course integrates theory and practice to examine the effect supervisory practices have on
employee motivation. Up-to-date supervisory techniques are introduced. Skills learned in this
course can be applied to organizations in either the public or private sector. Topics discussed
include leadership, job design, goal-setting, management by objectives, rewards, and
- Understand the causes of performance problems.
- Understand how to assess the effectiveness of management practices in your organization.
- Describe several current management techniques and practices in the areas of leadership, job
design, goal setting and management by objectives, reward systems, communications and
- Workbook 1: The Causes of Motivational Problems
- Workbook 2: Job Design
- Workbook 3: Leadership
- Workbook 4: Goal Setting and Management by Objectives
- Workbook 5: Rewards
- Workbook 6: Supervisory Communications
Required text and materials
There is no required textbook for this course.
Please be aware that should your course have a final exam, you are responsible for the fee to the online proctoring service, ProctorU, or to the in-person approved Testing Centre. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 50% or higher on
the overall course and 50% or higher on the final mandatory examination.
|Final Examination (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.