As an educator, promoting academic integrity and reducing the potential for academic dishonesty begins with:
- Establishing a culture of honesty and building connections with learners.
- Developing an academic integrity vocabulary in your class.
- Being clear about what is and what is not allowed to reduce uncertainty, scaffold assignments and have assignments that show their work and are relevant to students.
- Responding and addressing academic dishonesty where it does occur.
- Linking values to professional ethics and professional codes.