Certificate in Management Studies
A strong grounding in quantitative courses, including Foundations of Math 11 or Pre-calculus 11 or equivalent
A free, voluntary mathematics self-assessment is available to help you select a math course at the appropriate level.
A minimum of six TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
30 credits, with a minimum GPA of 2.00 over all courses required to complete this credential, as follows:
Core Knowledge Requirements (12 credits)
- Either MNGT 1221, Supervision (3) or MNGT 1211, Management Principles and Practices (3)
- Either MATH 1091, Business Mathematics (3) or MATH 1101, Finite Mathematics (3)
- Either CMNS 1811, Professional and Academic Composition (3) or CMNS 1291, Introduction to Professional Writing (3)
- MIST 2611, Management Information Systems (3)
Elective Requirements (18 credits)
18 credits in management studies, including business, economics, mathematics or statistics courses: ACCT, BBUS, BLAW, BUSN, ECON, ENTR, FNCE, HRMN, IBUS, MATH, MIST, MKTG, MNGT, ORGB, SCMN, STAT
Up to nine credits may be in approved arts and sciences electives or in technical or specialized-skills courses appropriate to your coursework, subject to approval.
Supervisory Option (9 credits)
You are awarded this option if you complete one of the two following areas of specialization:
If you choose ACCT 2211 instead of ACCT 1211and ACCT 1221, you are required to select an additional course.
- Either ACCT 1211, Accounting I (3) or ACCT 2211, Financial Accounting (3)
- MKTG 2431, Marketing (3)
- MNGT 1711, Introduction to Business (3)
Programs and Pathways
This chart shows how credits gained in one credential can count toward another:
NOTE The Bachelor of Commerce program is currently not accepting applications