Safe Work Practices
Thompson Rivers University recognizes that written safe work procedures or supplementary instructions are extremely important to ensure a safe work environment and form an essential part of the overall occupational health and safety program.
These instructions provide information necessary to assist all workers and supervisory staff in performing their tasks safely. They also assist in the training and orientation of new employees/students in job hazards, as well as providing them with the rules and procedures necessary to ensure that they can perform their work in a safe and hazard free manner.
All faculty, staff and students are expected to familiarize themselves with the safe work procedures which apply to the work they are performing.
- Confined Space
- Electrical Safety
- Fall Protection Procedures
- Ladder and Scaffolding Procedures
- Lifting, Pushing or Pulling
- Lockout and Zero-Energy Procedures
- Hot Work Safety Procedures
- Tools, Machinery and Equipment
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Forklift Truck Safety
- Table Saw Safety
- Welding Safety
- Arc Welding Safety Procedures
- Metalworking Machine Safety
- Respiratory Protection Program
- RIGID 300
- RIGID 535
- RIGID 1224
- Brazing Safe Work Procedures
Any safe work practices or procedures can be requested through firstname.lastname@example.org.