Information Technology and Management Diploma
Statistics and values are gathered from BC Student Outcomes, you can view more details and stats by using the BC Student Outcomes Data Viewer
- Certificate in Information Technology
- IT or computing certificates with 30 or more transferable credits, including at least 21 credits in IT or related courses
For certificates with less than 30 credits or without key prerequisites, OL may specify that courses, in addition to those required for the diploma, be completed.
A minimum of 9 TRU credits (online or on-campus)
30 credits additional to 30 credits transferred from Certificate in Information Technology or equivalent, with a GPA of 2.00 or higher over all courses required for completion of this credential, as follows:
IT Electives (30 credits)
30 total credits of IT courses. If the TRU-OL Certificate in Information Technology is complete, students only need 9 additional IT credits so that their total COMP (including the IT credits certificate) are equal to 30.
Composition/Communications Requirements (6 credits)
- Two of ENGL 1101: Composition or CMNS 1291, Introduction to Professional Writing or CMNS 1811, Business, Professional and Academic Composition or approved equivalent
- Note: The recommended course selections for this requirement are ENGL 1101 and CMNS 1291
Core Knowledge Requirements (9 credits)
- One of MNGT 1221: Supervision or MNGT 1211: Management Principles and Practices or MNGT 2131: Motivation and Productivity or approved equivalent (3 credits)
- ACCT 2211: Financial Accounting or approved equivalent (3 credits)
- ORGB 2811: Organizational Behaviour or approved equivalent (3 credits)
Elective Requirements (18 credits)
- Fifteen credits of approved IT and business electives, of which of six credits must be business electives (such as ACCT 2251, ACCT 2281, BLAW 2911, HRMN 2821, MKTG 2431)
- Note: The 60 credits required overall for this diploma must include a minimum of six ENGL or CMNS credits and 30 IT and/or computing credits.