Education and Social Work Menu
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Get the knowledge, skills and confidence to start a career teaching English as a second language in Canada or around the world. Teaching English is a great way to collect unforgettable experiences, be in high demand and make a real difference in people’s lives. Our program is nationally accredited by TESL Canada.
Why the TRU TESOL program?
- The program is five courses long, including one supervised practicum.
- Take courses full-time or part-time. Attend full-time and complete in one semester. Attend part-time and complete in at least three semesters.
- Your supervised practicum readies you to teach in Canada and around the world. You can teach in schools, in government and private organizations.
- You don’t need an English degree to be accepted.
- If you have a degree in progress and you are interested in this program please contact the TESOL Coordinator.
- How to plan effective lessons.
- How to teach others to speak, listen to, read and write English.
- Why the rules of English grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation are what they are, and how to teach that understanding to others.
- The key principles around teaching a language.