Education and Social Work Menu
The Education Assistant and Community Support Certificate program admits 24 full-time students who begin study in September. Applicants will be admitted to the program using the following criteria: Last date of receipt of documentation related to admission requirements. Applicants should submit completed required documents such as LPI results as quickly as possible.
All qualified applicants are required to have their planned program reviewed by a faculty advisor who will provide advice regarding the selection of appropriate full and part-time options.
Please refer to the admissions information package for further details.
- B.C. Grade 12 or equivalent or Mature Student Status
- 73% on the combined BC. English Grade 12/English Grade 12 First Peoples Government Exam (written within the last five years) or Level 5 on LPI (written within the last two years)or completion of English 0600 with a grade of C+ or better or satisfactory completion of the TRU English assessment (ACCUPLACER) at the university entrance level or completion of ESAL 0570and ESAL 0580 with a grade of C+ or better.
- Citizenship: Applicants must be Canadian citizens or have Permanent Resident status.
- Age: Applicants to the Education Assistant and Community Support Certificate program must be 18 years of age as of December 31 of their fall semester in order to meet the expectations of a criminal record check for practicum placement.
- Two letters of reference (links below).
Once accepted into the EACS program, applicants will be required to: 1. Undergo a criminal record check for fieldwork purposes (this will be processed by the Program Coordinator) and 2. Obtain an Immunization Record from the local Public Health Unit (this will be processed by the Program Coordinator).
Applicants are asked to refer to the admission information package for further details.
Transfers to TRU
The student may be granted credit for equivalent courses completed at other accredited post-secondary institutions or at TRU. The student is required to discuss the possibility of transfer credit with the appropriate Chairperson as soon as possible after being accepted into the program.
Laddering credits into TRU degrees
Graduates from the Education Assistant and Community Support Certificate can ladder directly into Year Two of the Human Service Diploma program. Admission is conditional on a GPA of 2.67 (B-).
Admission packageAdmission Package Reference Form 1 Reference Form 2
Complete program details, policies and TRU academic information are found in the TRU Calendar.
Phone: Admissions, 250-828-5036
Thompson Rivers University
805 TRU Way
Kamloops, BC, V2C 0C8
Additional Information: Program Advisor, 250-852-7181 or e-mail email@example.com