Education and Social Work Menu
- A Canadian Interprovincial Trades Qualification (Red Seal) or equivalent recognized or issued by the BC Industry Training Authority
- Grade graduation or equivalent (e.g. Adult Graduation Certificate that meets the BC provincial Grade 12 graduation requirement)
- Grade 12 Math or equivalent
- Six credits (two courses) of university English with at least credits in Literature taken through a Canadian university with an average grade point average of 2.33 (C+). Courses in linguistics, language study, grammar, technical writing, business writing, communications or English as a Second Language are not eligible to fulfil the English requirement.
- Completion of the Prior Learning and Assessment Recognition process to provide you with academic credits for a three-year trades training program or 60 academic credits for a four-year trades training program.
Teaching experience requirements
You must have at least 100 hours of relevant volunteer or paid experience working with groups of middle or high school students. These hours must be completed by the application deadline. A minimum of 25 hours must be in a middle or secondary-school classroom in Canada (or equivalent environment).
A minimum of five years post-Trade Qualification experience in a trade, within the past 10 years, that is directly applicable to Technology Education subject areas in the BC secondary school curriculum (drafting, electronics and robotics, metalwork, power technology, or woodwork).