Become a TRU Future Student Ambassador
The role of the Future Student Ambassador is to connect with future students and their families to share their TRU experiences and journeys! Ambassadors work together with the Future Student Office to promote TRU through on and off campus events, virtual information sessions, high school visits and presentations, career and education fairs across British Columbia and Canada and more.
The Future Students Office is currently hiring Future Student Ambassadors for September 2023 to April 2024!
Are you a motivated and enthusiastic current TRU student who enjoys expressing yourself on social media and is looking to expand your public speaking skills? Would you like to connect with future students and share your favourite things about TRU? This position might be for you!
Our Future Student Ambassadors are TRU lifestyle bloggers and micro-influencers. They are the face of our social media and tour program; therefore, applicants must be comfortable vlogging, creating content, and positively representing TRU.
To join the Future Students Ambassador Team, Ambassadors must be able to commit 2-3 hours per week, as well as helping with the Saturday Fall Open House in October.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate TRU program (domestic students will be given priority)
- In good academic standing, with a GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Strong English communication skills
- Excited to share their positive experiences at TRU with prospective students and their families
Benefits to becoming an Ambassador:
- $ Honorarium - at the end of each semester, ambassadors receive an honorarium for hours worked which roughly equates to minimum wage
- Receive valuable leadership skills and experiences to build your portfolio
- Increase your network of friends and connections on campus
- Make a difference on campus and in the lives of students
Applications are due March 20 at 9:00 a.m.
For more information about becoming a Future Student Ambassador, email firstname.lastname@example.org.