Off Campus Housing
Where should I look?
When looking at the addresses of potential rentals, or touring the area, the following are some of the different streets that are close to the university, and generally within walking distance or quick bus ride.
- Columbia Street (some locations walking distance, some by bus)
- McGill Road
- Pemberton Terrace
- Greenstone Drive
- Dalhousie Drive
- Arrowstone Drive (several apartments and grocery stores on the way home)
- Summit Drive (some locations walking distance, some by bus)
- McBeth Place (apartments close to Upper College Heights Student Housing)
- Dalgleish Drive
- West Battle Street
- Strathcona Terrace
- Grandview Terrace
- Tranquille Road
Most of these streets have a bus route nearby that runs directly to the university via Columbia or Battle.
- St. Paul Street
- Nicola Street
- Battle Street
- Pine Street
The North Shore TRU Express, which runs on Tranquille Road, makes this area handy for students looking for a good deal on rentals. Some apartment blocks are right on Tranquille, while others can be found on nearby streets such as Kitchener Crescent and Schubert Drive.
Sahali and Aberdeen
These main streets are south of campus and on/near direct bus routes to the university with average 5-10 minute ride.
- Gleneagles Drive (Sahali)
- Springhill Drive (Sahali)
- Robson Drive (Sahali)
- Hugh Allen Drive (Aberdeen)
- Pacific Way (Aberdeen)
- Aberdeen Drive (Aberdeen)
TRUSU housing registry
Housing registry created by the TRU Students' Union.
Kamloops Transit has a bus loop on campus
Several bus routes converge on TRU, making it easy to come and go. Ride for free with a UPASS, which is included in your student fees. Kamloops Transit has a trip planner on its website.Kamloops Transit
Neighbourhoods near TRU
This map shows the relative distances from TRU to surrounding neighbourhoods.