Paying for Study Abroad
The basics of studying abroad:
- You remain registered at TRU yet get to study in another country.
- Tuition continues to be paid to TRU along with ancillary fees (less the UPass).
- This is a non-competitive program.
- Other scholarships are available based on GPA, experiential, and destination requirements.
- Follow our Global Funding blog for International bursaries and scholarships.
- Aside from the flight and VISA costs, transfer your living costs from Kamloops to the country you wish to travel to.
You are also still eligible for student loans during your exchange, and it never hurts to apply for them to see if you qualify as you generally will receive a bursary (free money) along with the loan.More information