Skip to main contentSkip Navigation or Skip to Content
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Study Abroad

The Student Exchange program allows students to live and study in a different country for one or two semesters. There are over 40 countries to consider through TRU Bilateral Exchange and the International Student Exchange Program ISEP).

The difference between TRU Bilateral Exchange and ISEP

  • Identical experience of living abroad as a fully registered TRU student at a foreign university
  • Students will receive an official transcript from their host university
  • On return, transcripts will be accessed by the Registrar’s Office
  TRU Bilateral Abroad International Student Exchange Program (ISEP)
What? Based on direct exchange agreements TRU has with partner universities. TRU is a member of ISEP, the world’s largest network of post-secondary institutions.
Accommodation and Meals Meals and accommodation are the student’s responsibility. The host university will provide the student with information to help students arrange their accommodation. Students pay a fee to TRU, which covers their meals and accommodation. The student’s accommodation and meals are coordinated by the host.
Application Students fill out the Bilateral Application. No fee to apply to these universities. ISEP Application fee is paid to TRU.
Minimum GPA 2.5 2.75
Medical Insurance Students must purchase mandatory emergency medical insurance. TRU recommends as an insurance provider. Students must purchase the ISEP Student Medical Insurance

Where can I go?

TRU Study Abroad offers hundreds of exchange sites worldwide. Please see the TRU Student Guide to Study Abroad for a detailed listing of all exchange programs.

Learn more about how you can go abroad by reading more about How to Apply and attending an Information Session.

Search To Top