Research in service to community
With TRU, the residents of the Thompson-Nicola region have access to a research-focused university. Many of our most important research questions come from the community, and the results of these collaborations often result in real-life solutions with immediate impact. From discovering innovative ways to minimize energy use, to developing evidence-based research to support those at risk of homelessness — our researchers are actively engaged members of the community.
Why partner with us?
Partnerships are vital to the research community at TRU. Researchers are uniquely positioned to find solutions to community-specific problems and industry-driven challenges. When researchers work with community groups and industry, results are often used to influence social policy, enrich culture, provide better and more affordable health care, and, as a result, build stronger, more vibrant communities.
The benefits of collaborating with TRU researchers include:
- Access to technologies resulting from research collaboration
- Direct access to faculty expertise
- Access to specialized research facilities
- Access to highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students and post-doctoral researchers
- Potential to leverage research dollars for research and development tax credits
Get in touch
- Dr. Lincoln Smith
- Research Partnerships and Enterprise Creation