Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching and Learning
- Bachelor of Education
- Baccalaureate (bachelor's) degree in another discipline, along with teaching qualifications or experience
- Permission of the academic director or designate
You must take a minimum of six TRU credits (distance or on-campus)
You must complete 15 credits, with a GPA of 3.00 or higher over all of the courses required for this credential.
- EDDL 5101, Education Technology for Learning (3)
- EDDL 5111, Learning Design (3)
- EDDL 5131, Designing Multimedia for Curriculum (3)
- EDDL 5141, Online Teaching and Learning (3)
- EDDL 5151, Contemporary Issues in Technology Enhanced Learning (3)
Recommended Course Order
It is recommended that students take courses in the following order. You can complete the courses in a different order if you have consulted with a program advisor.
You must maintain a GPA of 3.00 to remain in the program. One grade of ‘F’ may result in dismissal from the program. Students with B- or lower in two or more courses must withdraw—regardless of their GPA—unless the program coordinator recommends otherwise.
Consult with your program advisor to ensure the courses you select can be applied toward the program requirements of your chosen credential.
Before registering in a course that is not listed on the OL course and registration webpage, you must apply for a letter of permission. If you do not, it is possible that you may not be able to apply the course credits to your program or that you will have to pay a transcript reassessment fee.