Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University


TRU-OL Examinations

The final assessment for a TRU-OL paced, self-paced or independent study course may be a supervised written examination or a final project.

Supervised written examinations are held in TRU-OL examination centres in BC, Canadian Invigilator Network centres in Canada or other supervised location arranged by the student and approved by TRU-OL. Normally, a final project is completed at the student's residence. Examination information is provided in the course package and in the course descriptions.

Instructions for applying to write examinations are included in a student's confirmation of registration package, in the TRU-OL Student Handbook, and in FAQ (search "Examinations" category).

Refer to examination policies for more information about TRU-OL examinations.

Students Residing outside BC or outside Canada

Students residing outside BC or outside Canada are required to make special arrangements to write their TRU-OL examinations.

  • The following students use the Canadian Invigilator Network (CIN) and CIN Exam Application form:

    Reside in Canada but outside BC and within 100 km of one of the centres on TRU-OL's Canadian Invigilator Network

    Procedure: Contact the centre to arrange an examination date and time and then submit the completed CIN Exam Application form to Student Services, Examinations, by the examination application deadline.

  • The following students arrange for an invigilator and use the Statement of Presiding Supervisor form:

    Reside in Canada but outside BC and more than 100 km from one of the centres on TRU-OL's Canadian Invigilator Network, or

    Reside outside Canada

    Procedure: Arrange for an examination invigilator to preside over their final examination by submitting the Statement of Presiding Supervisor form to Student Services, Examinations, by the examination application deadline date.

  • Students intending to write their examination in Hong Kong:

    Procedure: Contact Student Services, Examinations.

Accommodated Examinations

Disability Services provides academic accommodations and services to eligible TRU students, both on campus and Open Learning. To receive disability-related accommodations for exams, students must register with Disability Services at least four weeks before the exam booking deadline. Visit the Disability Services website for detailed information on eligibility, the registration process and an overview of academic accommodations.

TRU-OL Exam Sessions

2016 Examination Sessions 2016 Application Deadlines
January 13-18, 2016 December 14, 2015
February 10-15, 2016 January 18, 2016
March 9-14, 2016 February 15, 2016
April 6-11, 2016 March 14, 2016
May 11-16, 2016 April 18, 2016
June 8-13, 2016 May 16, 2016
July 6-11, 2016 June 13, 2016
August 10-15, 2016 July 18, 2016
September 7-12, 2016 August 15, 2016
October 12-17, 2016 September 19, 2016
November 2-7, 2016 October 11, 2016
December 1-5, 2016 November 7, 2016
2017 Examination Sessions 2017 Application Deadlines
January 11-16, 2017 December 12, 2016
February 1-6, 2017 January 9, 2017
March 8-13, 2017 February 14, 2017
April 5-10, 2017 March 13, 2017
May 10-15, 2017 April 17, 2017
June 7-12, 2017 May 15, 2017
July 5-10, 2017 June 12, 2017
August 9-14, 2017 July 17, 2017
September 6-11, 2017 August 14, 2017
October 11-16, 2017 September 18, 2017
November 1-6, 2017 October 10, 2017
Nov/Dec 29-4, 2017 November 6, 2017

UVic Examinations

Examinations for TRU-OL courses delivered by UVic are arranged by the individual institution.


Refer to UVic examination policies for more information.


Students may order official transcripts online or complete and submit the Transcript Request form.

Note: Students have the right to receive transcripts of their own academic record. However, TRU-OL does not release official transcripts if a student is in debt to TRU.

Exam Procedures

Please read the Student Examination Procedures document before you write your exam.