Share your Open Learning Story with us
Skip to main contentSkip Navigation or Skip to Content
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Transferring Credit to Other Institutions

BC and other provinces have transfer credit systems for students who take courses through more than one institution.

Students who register in Open Learning courses and plan to complete a program offered by another institution should refer to that institution's admission information to determine program requirements.

Visiting students planning to take courses through Open Learning for transfer to another institution can register in courses without submitting transcripts.

Although a letter of permission is not required by Open Learning, it is recommended that students obtain one from their home institution to ensure that the course(s) selected will be applied to their program of study.

Courses listed on the Open Learning website delivered by the University of Victoria are Open Learning university-level courses for which students receive TRU credit on TRU transcripts. Students are responsible to be aware of transfer credit policies prior to registration for courses they plan to transfer to other institutions.

Search To Top