Skip to main contentSkip Navigation or Skip to Content
Thompson Rivers University
Thompson Rivers University

Property Coverage

Property insurance for Thompson Rivers University is provided through the Universities, Colleges and Institutes Protection Program (UCIPP).

UCIPP provides coverage for all property owned by the university and any property leased or borrowed by the university (with the exception of artwork) for the provision of education services and programs, and where the institution has agreed to provide coverage.

The personal property of visitors, students and employees is not covered by the university except where the item is used by an employee specifically for instructional or employment purposes.

Personal property brought onto campus is at the users own risk. Individuals should check the provisions of their personal home or tenants insurance for coverage of such items.

Any loss or damage to university property should be reported to security at Local 5033 for investigation and to Risk Management Services for potential claims as soon as possible.

The department, faculty or researcher is responsible for any amount up to the university's property insurance deductible of $10,000.

Search To Top