Williams Lake Campus Library
The TRU Library has over 230,00 printed books, along with online access to 180,000 e-books, 9,800 streaming videos, and 57,800 e-journals; all of this material is readily available to students in Williams Lake and the Regional Centres.
From September through April, the Librarian for Williams Lake and the Regions, Melissa Svendsen, can be contacted at email@example.com. During the summer months, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location and Hours
The library is located in the Library Centre accessed through the TRU Williams Lake Bookstore.
Library hours change during the weeks following exams and for the summer months. Please check the library's website for current library hours or with the Library Centre Student Services Clerk at 250-392-8030 during those dates.
Off Campus Access
Use your TRU network username and password to access library resources from off campus.
Students: the username and password that you use to access the wifi, moodle, and log into computers on campus.
Faculty: Use the network username and password that you use to log into the computer in your office, moodle, or email.
Your PIN number
Your Library PIN functions as a password which is needed to request items using the library's interlibrary loans system to request books, book chapters, and articles.
Your PIN is set, by default, to your 6 digit birthdate (YYMMDD), unless you change it.
If you have changed your PIN, please note that student numbers and PINs are case-senstive (i.e., the password "shadow" is not the same as "Shadow"), and may include both letters and numbers.
Williams Lake Library Services and Space
While in the library you can:
- checkout items from reserves or stacks
- receive items you have requested through the Interlibrary Loan Service
- participate in on-going workshops (for example: Creating PowerPoint Presentations, Conquering Google Searches, Leverage Google Scholar, Finding Scholarly Articles)
- borrow a video camera
- watch a VHS at the Viewing Station
- consult with a tutor at the Writing Centre
- consult with the branch librarian for all your research and information needs
The TRU Library: Williams Lake Branch provides a variety of areas where students can study and learn. The library has:
- two (2) group study rooms that can be conveniently booked online. Click here.
- eight (8) study carrels for private quiet study space
- five (5) group study tables for active learning
- a lounge area with sofa and chairs
- one (1) VHS /DVD viewing station
- eight (8) networked computers, two (2) express computers (not requiring logon credentials)
- one (1) Reference & Help Desk where students connect with the branch librarian for studying and research support
The library has the following collections in the physical space:
During the summer, library research support and help can be obtained by phoning : 1-800-663-1699 or emailing email@example.com.
Students at TRU's Regional Centres can find more information about accessing library materials here.