Off Campus Connection to Library Resources
Basic requirements to get off-campus access:
- You must have a home computer with an internet connection.
- You must be a TRU faculty or staff member, or a currently registered student.
- You must have an active TRU network login — the same login you use to check your email.
For more information about TRU network accounts visit IT Services.
Due to licensing agreements, access to some library databases and other electronic resources, such as electronic journals, is restricted to computers on the TRU campus. Access to these resources from home computers must be through the library proxy server.
How to connect to library databases from off-campus
When you click on any link to an access-restricted database or other electronic resource, a login screen will open.
- Network login or student number (students use your T-ID number as your network login)
- Your network password (case-sensitive)
- Click on the Authenticate button
If your login fails
Try again — remember that logins and passwords are case sensitive.
If that fails, reset your password.
Due to licence restrictions, community library users are not allowed remote access to licensed TRU library resources. You may use these electronic resources, but only in the Library.
If you are eligible for remote access to TRU library resources and you are still having problems logging in, please contact us.