NOTE: For registration please contact Bob Gaglardi School of Business and Economics
General Program Inquiries (Email: email@example.com or Tel:
Students explore the concepts and practical techniques to apply consulting methods in their
work and to participate in or manage complex projects. The topics include the five stages of the
consulting process which include entry and contracting, discovery and dialogue, analysis and the
decision to act, engagement and implementation and closing; analysis and presentation techniques;
and examination of the five major project process groups which include project initiation,
planning, execution, controlling and closing.
- Explain consulting methods.
- Explain the importance of project management and the consultant role.
- Apply effective consulting methods in project management work.
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectively.
- Recognize professional responsibilities.
- Module 1: The Context of Project Based Consulting
- Module 2: Client Engagement
- Module 3: Understanding what the client wants
- Module 4: From Requirements to Solutions
- Module 5: Project Approaches Explored
- Module 6: Project Planning
- Module 7: Delivering Value
- Module 8: Project Completion and Value Realization
Required text and materials
Online students are responsible for sourcing and ordering their own textbooks. Please see the
list of required textbooks here: https://www.tru.ca/distance/courses/MBA_Textbook_List.pdf.
Please note that publishers may offer several package options that include additional resource
material not required in your course. You may purchase a package of your choice as long as it
includes the correct author, title and edition listed for your course.
If you have any questions about obtaining the correct textbook, please contact OLMaterials@tru.ca. They will be happy to assist you.
Please be aware that should your course have a final exam, you are responsible for the fee to the online proctoring service, ProctorU, or to the in-person approved Testing Centre. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this.
To successfully complete this course, students must achieve a passing grade of 70% or higher on
the course overall, and 50% or higher on the final mandatory examination.
|Case Study 1: Our Place Clinic
|Case Study 2: The Non-Profit Professional Association
|Case Study 3: The Safe Use Centers Project
|Case Study 4: The Building Community Spaces Project
|Case Study 5: The Problems at Smith Group
|Final Exam (mandatory)
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.