Accounting Software Systems
Students learn to maintain the financial records of a small business using an accounting software package. Topics include an introduction; accounts payable; accounts receivable; payables and receivables setup; payroll journal and setup; inventory transactions; orders, quotes and deposits; currencies and remittances; project allocations; reconciliations and deposits; and comprehensive setup.
ACCT 1211: Accounting 2 or ACCT 2211: Introduction to Financial Accounting
ENGL 1101: Composition
- Analyze source documents and identify transaction types
- Analyze various journals and statements to reconcile data
- Navigate in Sage 50 Accounting (enter and modify transactions, run reports, set-up and process receivables, payables, payroll)
- Save, backup and restore Sage 50 Accounting data files
- Create and configure company chart of accounts in a diverse group business situations
- Identify and enter specific company data
- Perform account reconciliations on a variety of accounts
- Set-up of product inventories and processing of sales and purchases of inventory using weighted averages
- Set-up and use of project accounting
- Enter new employee data and process payroll, including year-end documents
- Set-up multi-currency bank accounts and process transactions
- Maintain data integrity and internal control procedures
- Perform standard year-end procedures
- Lesson 1: Introduction, Indirect Taxes, and General Journal
- Lesson 2: Accounts Payable
- Lesson 3: Accounts Receivable
- Lesson 4: Company Setup, Payables, and Receivables Setup
- Lesson 5: Payroll Journal and Payroll Ledger Setup
- Lesson 6: Comprehensive Setup
- Lesson 7: Inventory Transactions
- Lesson 8: Orders, Quotes, Prepayments, and Deposits
- Lesson 9: Credit Cards, Currencies, and Remittances
- Lesson 10: Project Allocations
- Lesson 11: Reconciliations and Deposits
- Lesson 12: Assignment 2 and Final Project: Comprehensive Setup
Maximum Completion30 weeks.
Required Text and Materials
Purbhoo, M. Using Sage 50 Accounting 2015 + Student Version Software. Toronto: Pearson Canada, 2016.
Type: ISBN: 9780134205090
Included with the textbook is:
The access code to the Student Version of Sage 50 Premium Accounting 2015.
Student DVD with Data Files to accompany Using Sage 50 Accounting 2015.
Student versions are only valid for 14 months from the date of registration.
The DVD is only compatible with a Windows Operating System.
A computer with Internet access is required.
Open Learning Faculty Member Information
An Open Learning Faculty Member is available to assist students throughout the course. Primary Information communication is through the Learning Environment's "Mail" tool or by phone. Students will receive the necessary contact information at the start of the course.
In order to successfully complete this course, students must achieve at least 50% on the mandatory final project and in 50% in the overall course.
|Assignment 1: Stratford Country Inn||15%|
|Assignment 2: VeloCity||20%|