Reusable bottles greatly reduce the space used by plastic bottles in the city's landfills. As well, in Kamloops, we have a state-of-the-art Centre for Water Quality, which produces water much cleaner than any bottled water you can buy.
To help reduce waste and pollution associated with disposable water bottles, TRU has established water bottle refill stations at the following locations:
- Old Main first level: Corridor space near campus clinic
- Old Main, second level: Corridor space near café
- International Building, first level: Near common area
- Trades and Technology Centre: second level, near cafeteria
- Science and Health Sciences: second level
- Arts and Education: second level, near Faculty of Arts administration office
During the summer of 2009, TRU Environment and Sustainability organized a bulk order of stainless steel water bottles throughout campus, with a total of 3,000 water bottles being ordered.
We would like to send out a big thanks to those who participated in the order: TRU Continuing Education, Early Childhood Education, International Education, Open Learning, IT Services, Web Communications, TRU Wellness, the Faculty of Science, the Department of Geography, the Department of Sociology and Anthropology, the School of Business and Economics, the School of Trades and Technology, TRU Geography Society, and the TRU Residence and Conference Centre.