The digital screen network engages students by sharing important information and interesting activities unique to their TRU experience. There are 50+ devices on the Kamloops campus. Review the guidelines below and submit your media with the Project Submission Form.
What is accepted (information should be relevant to a broad audience)
- Important dates for students
- Student opportunities (e.g., elections)
- Information about services (e.g., therapy dogs, recreation, mindfulness)
- Food services advertising
- Events with broad appeal
What is not accepted (information that is of interest to a smaller, targeted audience)
- External advertising
- Events with narrow audiences (these can be submitted to the Events calendar)
All submitted events must appeal to a broad audience. Please send them also to the Events calendar. Include your website URL or "tru.ca/events" on your slide for more information.
Slides are normally displayed for 7 to 12 seconds and viewers will see them from a distance. With that in mind, here are some tips:
- Try to use 10 or fewer words. Stick to the important points. Use shorter words when possible.
- Use a large font. Keep capitalization to a minimum. Don’t use all capitals. Refer to the TRU brand guide.
- Accepted file formats are .png,.mov, .mp4, .pdf and .ppt. Media must be a 16:9 aspect ratio, suitable for landscape orientation. Files built in Canva or PowerPoint using presentation sizing work well.
- Test your slide one of two ways. One, shrink the slide to the size of a business card. Can you read the main points in eight seconds? What words/images can you cut? Or two, view your screen from six metres (20 feet) away and various angles. Can you read the main points in eight seconds? What can be cut?