Faculty and Staff
Updated Aug. 31, 2020 (COVID Information/Update)
- The Coordinators in the Career & Experiential Learning office are available for virtual appointments only and you will be able to schedule meeting times through Career Connections. If you are having difficulty scheduling appointments, then please email email@example.com and we will set up a time for you. Once your appointment has been made in Career Connections, the Coordinator will be in touch with you to set up a phone or web conference call.
For the latest information on COVID-19 and the impacts to TRU, please visit tru.ca/covid19.
We build partnerships with faculty to develop programs and offer services that link students and alumni with degree-related career and employment opportunities.
How can we help you?
- We help your students find the right fit: we help students map out their careers, develop essential job search skills and support them in locating labour marketing information and job opportunities.
- Employer contact: we continuously work with employers who are recruiting employees. Employers want to have connections with faculty at TRU, and we can help facilitate that connection.
- Help students master the job interview: there is no better way to prepare for the job interview than by experiencing an "actual" interview. We will conduct mock interviews with your students and provide constructive critiquing of their performance and share effective strategies.
- School specific employer presentations and job fair: we will work with faculty to target employers for students in respective disciplines. We are always trying to increase the number of employers coming to campus. Let's work together to provide more opportunities to our students.
We'll bring information to your class
- We will conduct presentations on a variety of career-related topics, such as resume writing, job search strategies, and interviewing skills.
- We can arrange presentations by professionals (many of them alumni) who can share their experience and how their major has helped them in their career.