Experiential Learning Hub
Experiential Learning at TRU provides students a platform to enhance their learning through hands on practical experiences. The Career and Experiential Learning Department calls this “Experience More”. The Experience More program acts as a HUB or central location for students to engage with the many Experiential Learning opportunities TRU has to offer.
How does Experiential Learning help you?
- Build a resume by gaining practical experience related to your field of study
- Helps in confirming and / or choosing a field of study
- Allows a 'test-drive' occupations and tasks related to your field of study
- Helps identify the type of industry, organization, or occupation that you may want to work in after graduation
- Helps build a professional network
- Offers the opportunity to develop new career-related skills and improve upon current skills
- Offers the opportunity to build transferable skills that are in high demand (ex. communication, time-management, critical thinking)