Booking an Appointment
Coordinators are available for virtual appointments only, with scheduling through Career Connections. If you have difficulty, please email email@example.com and we will set up a time for you. Once your appointment has been made, the coordinator will be in touch to set up a phone or web conference call.
Career Services offers a variety of resources to connect your education to the career you want. Whether you are first year or alumni, we support your career development in every phase. We have equal access for Open Learning students for almost all our services. To learn more about what you can expect from a meeting with a Career Services Coordinator see the Career Development, or book now.
- Develop your personal awareness (interests, skills, values) through individual career appointments and career assessments taking into account your personal story.
- Develop your awareness of the programs, opportunities and career paths that are available to you.
- Explore career options within a grounded framework of career development research, labour market information and the changing economic landscape.
- Make informed careers decisions with professional career support synergizing your strengths and values with the current state of the work world.
Job Application Tools & Resources
- Browse our online resources for preparing for the job search and finding job posting.
Workshops & Courses
- Seminars for students on topics including career development, career resiliency, career planning in a digital age, labour market research, job application processes and more.
- Career Management for Coop — a one-credit career-focused course for Co-op students preparing students for the professional world of work
- Career Management for non-coop – a one-credit course exploring how to maximize Arts & Science education to transition into a successful career
On Campus Resources
- Access to professional career development faculty
- Equal access for Open Learning students - https://www.tru.ca/distance/services/careers.html
- Career resource library to support your career goals.
- Computers for student use to develop resumés, cover letters, and to research companies
- Private room for Skype or phone interviews
- Photocopier and scanner for employment related materials