We advise. You decide.
Our team of Academic Advisors assists with course planning for students who have been accepted into an academic program.
Academic Advising is a collaborative relationship. You and an advisor work as a team to create a strategic educational plan.
Academic Advising is available to students who are:
Domestic or international
Taking campus courses
Enrolled in any of the following programs
Other advising teams
If you have 54 or more credits or your program is not listed above:
If you are taking Open Learning (online) courses:
If you have have not yet applied (domestic):
If you have have not yet applied (international):
If you have not received an acceptance letter in to your program:
If you need course schedule or course registration information:
As advisors, we listen to your questions in a safe, respectful and confidential space. We share our expertise along with accurate, up-to-date information to empower you to make informed decisions about your academic and career goals. Some of the things we help you interpret or navigate include:
- Develop, modify and maintain an academic plan in a way that balances your academic, personal and professional demands
- Course pre-requisites
- Course selection
- Program requirements
- Academic policies and regulations
- TRU’s extensive network of academic support services
- Come to your appointment prepared with questions and relevant materials.
- Be an active learner by participating fully in advising appointments – ask questions if you don’t understand something.
- Keep your appointment if you’ve requested one. Cancel in advance if you can’t make it.
- Make note of important dates in the academic year (i.e. add/drop deadlines)
- Check your TRU student email regularly – that’s how we, and other TRU staff, communicate with you.
Read through the Academic Advising process and book an appointment with an Academic Advisor today!Connect with Academic Advising
- OM 1100
Across from Starbucks
- Monday to Friday
9 a.m. to 4 p.m.