Other Testing Services
We offer testing services ranging from TRU entry assessments to various educational institute, society and professional agency tests:
Food Safe Exam
- Applicants register to take the test at TRU through their Open School BC Food safe account after they complete their Food Safe course.
- Once they have requested to test at our site, we are notified. If we have capacity to proctor the exam we will accept the request.
- If accepted, clients are notified to contact us to arrange a time and date to sit for the exam.
- Client writes the exam during the scheduled test date at TRU. On the test day clients need to present valid, government issued photo identification (hard copy). They also need their username and password to access the Foodsafe online account
For more information about Food safe courses and exams, please visit FOOD SAFE BC
The TRU Assessment Centre is an official testing site for Meazure Learning, a certification and licensure testing company.
For information about the services and tests available through this agency, please go to Meazure Learning
For more information about testing sessions at TRU, contact the TRU Assessment Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The SAT tests include the SAT I: Reasoning test that measures verbal and mathematical reasoning abilities, and the SAT II: Subject tests that measure knowledge of particular subjects and ability to apply that knowledge.
Admission requirement for American and Canadian Colleges and Universities.
- Register for the SAT: Online registration is available from the College Board SAT website (SAT test centre code for TRU Kamloops is 94356).
- Once registered, the client will write the exam during a scheduled test date at TRU. (On the test day you will need your SAT admission ticket, official photo identification, and an acceptable calculator.)
- Clients receive results from the College Entrance Examination Board and Educational Testing Service.
Testing Dates: 2023/2024 (tentative)
- May 6, 2023
- Aug. 26, 2023
- Oct. 7, 2023
- Dec. 2, 2023
- March 9, 2024
- May 4, 2024
- June 1, 2024
Strong Interest Inventory (SII)
The Strong Interest Inventory is a career planning instrument that measures a person's interests in a wide range of occupations, occupational activities, hobbies, leisure activities and types of people. It is an online form that produces a personalized report that identifies optimum career choices based on the person's interests and includes additional related occupations with concise job descriptions. It is available to TRU students only.
The cost for the Strong Interest Inventory is $40 + HST.
The Strong Interest Inventory must be interpreted by a trained professional, therefore all clients must meet with a TRU counsellor to utilize this assessment.
- Meet with a TRU counsellor to determine if this is a suitable assessment for you.
- Obtain a payment form from the counselling office or the Assessment Centre and pay fee.
- Present payment receipt to the Assessment Centre.
- An account will be set up and an email will be sent to you with a user name and password. Once you have completed the online SII, the Assessment Centre is automatically notified by email that the assessment has been completed.
- These forms are usually scored and the reports are forwarded to the Counselling office within two to three business days.
- Arrange an appointment with the TRU counsellor to review the report.